Tuesday, December 9, 2008
One Step at a Time
The other day I was listening to Jordin Sparks new hit song, "One Step at a Time" and all I could think was , "Exactly!" Lately, most days are so crazy that to prevent hyperventilation or a stress attack, I feel like I need to just think of it one task at a time. I joke that sometimes I can only think 24 hours at a time, but most of the time, I can only handle one hour, or even one moment at a time. While these feelings of being overwhelmed often dictate my daily schedule, at other times I just want to hit pause and make my kids grow up slower. Every milestone they cross is so cute and sweet and my heart strings want so badly just to hold on to those moments. Drew is crawling everywhere and is so entertaining for the family. He is quick to laugh, smile and do many raspberries which only causes contagious laughter in everyone else! Tate wants to show me a new lego creation or just snuggle up and read a book all the time. Ellie is learning so much in school and she writes me at least 6 notes a day that say, "Mom, I love you! To: Mom From: Ellie." She stays right by my side most of the day and wants to help with everything I do. Jens is growing up so fast and just wants to spend time together doing quality talking or snuggling watching a movie. I just love them so much! I need to take more moments to stop and soak in the joy they bring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
So True!!! It is hard sometimes to step back and take a breather and just soak in the current moments that are taking place. Thanks for the reminder! Give the kids a big hug from Aunt Lishy!!!
I am feeling the same way. I have been having one of those weeks where I am noticing all of the little babies that are smaller than mine. The time is going by so fast, it is crazy! Hope all is going well with your cute family. I love you family picture.
I love the new family picture! All of a sudden your family looks so much bigger! Amazing what one more can do....
Story of our lives hey? It seems like the to-do list never gets any shorter.
Sar-
I love the family pic! Is that the one doug took?
Geez I only have one kid and I feel that way ALL the time!! Even when it isn't the Christmas season!! I think I just have some excellent anxiety!! Hey on a good note your family picture turned out FREAKIN' amazing...I just LOVE it!! Everyone looks great!! Luv ya
You are doing it right. Or at least like the rest of us. Busy and crazy. Enjoy it and soak it up. You are amazing! Your family picture is beautiful.
I love ther family pic!!! So stinkin cute!
Post a Comment