Friday, April 18, 2008

Still No Baby!

Sorry, no pictures this time! I'm sick of being the freak show at the grocery store! It's like people have never seen a really pregnant woman before. They fumble around with words and just end with "Wow! I hope you have the baby soon!" I think we may have finally settled on a name...Drew James Poulsen. It may vary on spelling, but I think Tim and I have finally agreed on one. I have nearly completed my mile long list of home improvements and organizing projects that needed to be completed before baby, but NO BABY! I have never delivered past 39 weeks because I am a fan of inductions. However, apparently I am "not induceable"! This baby won't drop and despite all the contractions, misery and discomfort, the doctor simply will not induce until he drops. I'm feeling quite mental! Tim has encouraged jumping jacks and jumping on the tramp on a daily basis since as long as this baby hasn't arrived, his list keeps growing! The kids are on Spring Break from school and talk to my belly daily telling him to "Come Out!" My only comfort is knowing that no one has ever been pregnant FOREVER! We'll keep you posted on any progress...

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I thought for sure you had the baby last Monday. I have been thinking about you. I am soo sorry! I feel for you! I am a little surprised that your doctor wouldn't just go ahead and try inducing. Well I don't know if I should tell you, but I am at a 3 and my induction date is set for Wed. My blood pressure is high and so they are a little worried about that so they want me to go and get it checked again tomorrow at Labor and Delivery and if it hasn't gone done, they may induce tomorrow night. But my doctor said he thinks that it will go down a little and that they will plan on inducing on Wed. So we will see.
I will keep my fingers crossed, that you will have that baby soon! I know you are sooo ready!
I love the name Drew James! That fits with your family:)
Good Luck Sarah!
Keep me posted, as I will do the same!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

That is such a cute name! I can't wait to see him! Good luck, hope he comes soon!

RSP said...

Oh boy. Hang in there. I think the name Drew will fit in great with the rest of the Poulsen clan. Good luck! Can't wait to meet the new little guy via internet!

bentanelle said...

oh, we are so sorry! Seriously people need to keep their comments to themselves, or at least learn some tact. That is the last thing you want to be hearing from a complete stranger! Keep us posted. We really like the name, we are sad we won't see him until he is 8 months old, but we wish you luck! Love you guys

Mimi said...

I love the name! I hope for your sake he arrives soon. Sounds like he is pulling a Sara - didn't you make your mom wait much later than her due date until you would make your appearance. I always jump on the trampoline and run races with the kids in those last few weeks - probably doesn't do much but at least I feel like I'm trying.

Jami said...

Oh, gotta love pregnancy don't ya? I went 13 days overdue with Hallee - I feel your pain! Hang in there. It will all be over soon!

Mindi said...

Where do you shop? We could use a good freak show.- (this is Mike's comment)